Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

I love Fall more than anything. I love when I start seeing Halloween stuff in stores, I love going to the pumpkin patch, I love waking up to a cool crisp morning, and seeing all of the leaves change colors. I also love anything pumpkin! Pumpkin has always been one of my favorite flavors all year round, but especially during the fall. There is just something wonderful about smelling the aroma of pumpkin baking in the oven, that delicious spicy goodness. I wanted to share one of my favorite flavors with all of you. I made delicious pumpkin cupcakes with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting and it might be one of my favorite things I have ever baked.
 Here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Cupcakes: Serves 12
1 1/2 cup and 2 tbs of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground cloves
1 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 of a 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (make sure you don't use pumpkin pie filling)
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 and then fill the cupcake wells with liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, the baking powder, the cinnamon, the ground cloves, the pumpkin pie spice, the baking soda, and the salt. Mix until there are no lumps.
In the mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the sugar and the oil on medium for about a minute.
Then,, add each egg one at a time on medium speed and mix well in between each egg.
Then put the mixer on low speed and slowly add in the dry ingredients mixture (flour mixture), and mix it until mixed completely.

Fill the cupcake wells three quarters of the way full and bake for about 25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.

Next, I made a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Cinnamon goes perfectly with pumpkin flavors and fall. Cream cheese frosting is delicious on it's own, but cinnamon just makes it ten times better! Make sure you let the cupcakes cool before putting this yummy frosting on them :) Here is the recipe:
Half of a 8 oz package of cream cheese 
1/4 cup of butter softened 
2 cups of powdered sugar 
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (add more or less depending on your preference) 
Directions: 
In a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is fluffy.
Next, add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and the cinnamon, and mix until smooth and creamy. 
Next, just ice your cupcakes, and for decoration I sprinkled some more cinnamon on top for even more flavor. 












No comments:

Post a Comment