Monday, January 12, 2015

Mixed Berry Muffins

I started to have the baking itch again, so I had to start baking. It seems that these days I can't go long without whipping something up.I am on a muffin kick. I love muffins. I also love fresh fruit.That's why I added strawberries and blackberries to muffins. Muffins are a very practical thing to bake, because you can eat them anytime. They are perfect for breakfast and you can pretty much make any flavor of muffin that you can think of.These muffins are so fresh and light. They are sure to be a delicious anytime snack.
Mixed Berry Muffins: Serves 12
1 cup of fresh strawberries
2/3 cup of fresh blackberries
2/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
First, spray muffin tins with vegetable oil spray, then preheat the oven to 425.
Then, using a potato masher, mash the strawberries and the blackberries.


Then, add the sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Then, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Then, fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.
Then, bake them for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Then, let them cool and Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment