Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins

I refuse to believe that pumpkin season is over. I love pumpkin all year round. It is one of my all time favorite flavors. I was reminded of pumpkin season coming to an end, when I saw all the pumpkin puree on sale in the baking aisle. This week has been so cold that I wanted to make a treat that would warm me up and be delicious. These muffins taste just like doughnuts because they are rubbed in a butter and cinnamon sugar mixture that makes you think you are biting into a doughnut. I mean what could be better on a cold winter morning?
Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins:
1/4 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of pure pumpkin puree
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of cloves
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Topping:
3 tbs of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
First, prepare your muffin tins with spray and preheat the oven to 375.
Then, beat the butter and the sugar until creamy.
Then, add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Then, add the pumpkin puree and beat until well combined.
Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, ginger and cinnamon.
Then, add it to the pumpkin mixture.
Then, using a tablespoon to measure, put the mixture into the muffin tins.
Then, bake for about ten minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Then, let them cool.
While they are cooling, make the topping. In a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. In another bowl or plate, mix together the sugar and the cinnamon. (My measurements for the topping are for my preference, it doesn't really matter how much butter sugar or cinnamon you use: just play around with it. You may like more or less)

Dip the muffin tops into the butter, then again into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Then, Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment